The Bukido martial art system is a complete training system from white to black belt.
Martial art training is not just about learning to fight, martial art training develops the whole person, you become fitter and healthier, more self-confident, assertive, focused and you will learn to achieve the things you want in life.
Whilst many martial arts and self defence school such as Karate, Tae-Kwondo, Kung Fu, etc teach these elements in some form, Bukido teaches street readiness and street survival.
If you are considering self defence training you have taken the first step towards not only learning how to protect yourself, but also learning an art which will serve you well through your life and help you to develop your true potential.
Improvements Obtained through the Martial Arts
1. Mental Concentration: Not only physically will you find yourself being able to “go that extra mile”, but mentally as well. This is the ability to relax and concentrate deeply and more fully for greater lengths of time.
2. Personal Relationships: Both at work or at school, and with family and friends. Along with the mental concentration and respect for others comes an awareness of others and their needs. Respect, courtesy, kindness and sensitivity towards others will affect personal relationships.
3. Positive Attitude: The ability to defend oneself greatly improves self-confidence. Self-confidence combines with better judgment, integrity and overall improvement in lifestyle brings about a positive attitude.
Physical Accomplishments Include:
1. Improved Balance and Coordination: The will carry over into other activities of life. Also Instinct, agility and speed will all show vast improvements.
2. Flexibility: One of the first areas change will occur. Even touching your toes sets you apart from the majority of people. Good flexibility not only promotes good posture and physical looks, but will continue to improve your life physically as you age.
3. Endurance: Like flexibility, endurance will continue to show great improvements as you practice. Endurance will affect many areas such as becoming less tired while traveling, ability to excel in sports and constant increase of energy level.
As you can see, martial arts is much more than just a workout. It is an alteration, both physically and mentally, of ones lifestyle that will last a life time.